Monday, April 13, 2009

Got this used humidor from tgherpst on CA, traded him a nice selection of 8 cigars for it (see previous posting). Now all I need to do for it is get it seasoned and pick up a digital hygrometer for the inside of the box. The ultimate plan for this box is to use it for CCs and aging, for the short term however I think I am going to move my NCs into it, with the exception of the Opus, since I only have about 27 CCs which doesnt make much sense in a 300ct humi.
Here is the damaging package I got from CP Staley through the MAW thread on CA. If youre not sure how this pass works, you post a list of cigars you want to try and if someone can take at least 2 sticks then they send you a package and they get to put up their own list. Well CP said he could take care of the PSD5 EL 2008, and an Ashton ESG 22yr Salute. Unfortunately he sent me an email saying he couldnt get that size on the ESG but he had the 21yr instead. Either way just look at the accompaning cigars, an Opus X Taste Across America from what I think was the 2008 release, a cuban Romeo y Julieta Churchill en tubo, a freaking Partagas 150 Signature Series B (I think that is the size), and an Ashton VSG Round Robusto, these sticks are from 1999 the only time the VSG was released as a nonbox press.



The middle one here is the VSG Round!!!
And I thought it appropriate to go back to my B&M and pick up the last of the old VSG Corona Gordas, these are about 5yrs old.

5 comments:

  1. the VSG's are a helluva score man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I take it you like the ones i threw in for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pickup on the humi. You should have it filled in no time at all

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep...exactly how its said! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. cant wait to light one up!

    ReplyDelete