Thursday, April 16, 2009

Da Pipes

Here is the second Meerschaum that I have purchased. I wanted this since I am a fan of the claw and egg design. Only smoked a couple bowls out of this one, as it just isnt one of my favorites and as I rarely smoke my pipes over a cigar its just hard to crack the order. This is an SMS Meerschaum nothing really special about it but as you may be able to see the top of the bowl is beginning to get a nice rosy color to it.


This is my lone briar pipe. It is a Jons Pipe Shop Special from master Former of Denmark. There are 2 stores in the country that I know of that get these special pipes, the Jons Pipe Shop in Clayton, MO and my local in Champaign, IL. To me these are the most beautiful briar pipes on the market, when Former next comes to town I will get some pictures of his namesake lines and post them. But for a fraction of what a Former costs and on my college student budget I am very happy with this pipe.

I do own one more Meerschaum pipe, it is a simple lattice on a half bent. This pipe is currently residing at my B&M so Ill get pictures of it up in the future.

Hope you enjoyed

1 comment:

  1. I've been debating a Meerschaum myself but havnt been able to pull myself away from cigar purchases (did I mention I just snagged a box of WOAMS? hahaha).

    Check out the Asylum club pipe if your interested. They are having a special pipe run made just for Asylum members. I'm hoping they go with the sitter option.

    ReplyDelete